How to open AVI file?
The software referred to as AVI Opener allows you to freely work with AVI files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the AVI file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking on the AVI file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
9 steps to open AVI file
If the user comes across a file named Audio Video Interleave Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- Check if the Audio Video Interleave Format file can be handled by the given operating system. It may turn out that AVI files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the ThunderSoft GIF to AVI Converter or RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, TotalMedia Theatre, PowerDirector program is installed in the system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension AVI, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Check if files with the extension AVI are associated with the application ThunderSoft GIF to AVI Converter or one of the programs such as RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, TotalMedia Theatre, PowerDirector. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Audio Video Interleave Format file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. Choose one of the ThunderSoft GIF to AVI Converter, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, TotalMedia Theatre, PowerDirector applications to open the AVI files.
Software programs that open AVI file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the ThunderSoft GIF to AVI Converter, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, TotalMedia Theatre, PowerDirector programs will not be able to open the Audio Video Interleave Format file despite their presence in the system. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Audio Video Interleave Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Audio Video Interleave Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the AVI extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by ThunderSoft GIF to AVI Converter or RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, TotalMedia Theatre, PowerDirector.
- An attempt to open the Audio Video Interleave Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your AVI file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening AVI files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.