How to open DMP file?
DMP Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension DMP. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the DMP file installed. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
9 steps to open DMP file
In case it is not possible to open the Windows Memory Dump file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Windows Memory Dump. If the user tries to open the file Windows Memory Dump on a system other than , Windows, it may fail.
- No default Oracle Database application in the system or Windows Debug Tools, Microsoft Visual Studio will prevent you from opening DMP files. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Make sure that one of the Oracle Database, Windows Debug Tools, Microsoft Visual Studio programs is the default application for opening DMP files in the system. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Windows Memory Dump file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the Oracle Database, Windows Debug Tools, Microsoft Visual Studio applications and confirm.
Software programs that open DMP file extension
- If Windows Memory Dump is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, the Oracle Database, Windows Debug Tools, Microsoft Visual Studio programs will not be able to open the Windows Memory Dump file despite their presence in the system. If possible, you can try to open the Windows Memory Dump file directly from its source.
- If it turns out that the Windows Memory Dump file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Windows Memory Dump is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the DMP extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Oracle Database or Windows Debug Tools, Microsoft Visual Studio.
- An attempt to open the Windows Memory Dump file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the Windows Memory Dump file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The inability to open the Windows Memory Dump file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the DMP extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening DMP files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.