How to open JSP file?
JSP Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension JSP. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should do is double-click the JSP file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the JSP file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open JSP files in 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Java Server Page file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Java Server Page file is supported by it. It may turn out that JSP files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the Sublime Text or Web browser, Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Stylus Studio program is installed in the system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Check if files with the extension JSP are associated with the application Sublime Text or one of the programs such as Web browser, Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Stylus Studio. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Java Server Page file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. Choose one of the Sublime Text, Web browser, Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Stylus Studio applications to open the JSP files.
Software programs that open JSP file extension
- If the Java Server Page file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, the Sublime Text, Web browser, Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Stylus Studio programs will not be able to open the Java Server Page file despite their presence in the system. If possible, you can try to open the Java Server Page file directly from its source.
- If it turns out that the Java Server Page file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Check that the Java Server Page file format is not outdated. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- To open the Java Server Page file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The inability to open the Java Server Page file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the JSP file, you can try using some tools available on the web. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the JSP file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.