How to open LNK file?
The software referred to as LNK Opener allows you to freely work with LNK files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the LNK file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking on the LNK file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
How to open LNK file? 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the Windows Format Shortcut file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Windows Format Shortcut file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file Windows Format Shortcut on a system other than Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Check if the CrossOver or Microsoft Windows, Parallels Desktop program is installed in the system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension LNK, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Make sure that one of the CrossOver, Microsoft Windows, Parallels Desktop programs is the default application for opening LNK files in the system. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Windows Format Shortcut file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. Choose one of the CrossOver, Microsoft Windows, Parallels Desktop applications to open the LNK files.
Software programs that open LNK file extension
- If the Windows Format Shortcut file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, the CrossOver, Microsoft Windows, Parallels Desktop programs will not be able to open the Windows Format Shortcut file despite their presence in the system. If possible, you can try to open the Windows Format Shortcut file directly from its source.
- In case the Windows Format Shortcut file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Check that the Windows Format Shortcut file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the LNK extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by CrossOver or Microsoft Windows, Parallels Desktop.
- To open the Windows Format Shortcut file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The inability to open the Windows Format Shortcut file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your LNK file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening LNK files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.