How to open M3U file?
M3U Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension M3U. Usually, there are also additional options. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the M3U file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking on the M3U file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
Open M3U files in 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the Media Playlist Format file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Check if the Media Playlist Format file can be handled by the given operating system. It may turn out that M3U files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the Cue Splitter or Winamp, iTunes, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player program is installed in the system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Check if files with the extension M3U are associated with the application Cue Splitter or one of the programs such as Winamp, iTunes, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Media Playlist Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. Choose one of the Cue Splitter, Winamp, iTunes, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player applications to open the M3U files.
Software programs that open M3U file extension
- If the Media Playlist Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Cue Splitter, Winamp, iTunes, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player programs is installed, the Media Playlist Format file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the Media Playlist Format file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Media Playlist Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Media Playlist Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the M3U extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Cue Splitter or Winamp, iTunes, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player.
- An attempt to open the Media Playlist Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The inability to open the Media Playlist Format file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the M3U extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening M3U files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.