How to open MOBI file?
A MOBI Opener is a computer program or application that supports MOBI files and can open their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the MOBI file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking, your MOBI file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling MOBI files on your device. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
9 steps to open MOBI file
If the user comes across a file named Mobipocket EBook, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Mobipocket EBook file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file Mobipocket EBook on a system other than Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files MOBI, KindleGen or one of the following Amazon Kindle, Calibre, FBReader, BookDesigner is installed in the operating system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Verify that the default application for handling MOBI files is one of the following software tools: KindleGen, Amazon Kindle, Calibre, FBReader, BookDesigner. If this is not the case, the MOBI files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Mobipocket EBook file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the KindleGen, Amazon Kindle, Calibre, FBReader, BookDesigner programs.
Software programs that open MOBI file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the KindleGen, Amazon Kindle, Calibre, FBReader, BookDesigner programs will not be able to open the Mobipocket EBook file despite their presence in the system. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Mobipocket EBook file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Check that the Mobipocket EBook file format is not outdated. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- An attempt to open the Mobipocket EBook file by an un-updated application may fail. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- Make sure that the icon representing the Mobipocket EBook file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your MOBI file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the MOBI file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.