How to open MOV file?
MOV Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension MOV. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should do is double-click the MOV file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking, your MOV file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling MOV files on your device. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
9 steps to open MOV file
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Apple QuickTime Movie file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Apple QuickTime Movie file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file Apple QuickTime Movie on a system other than Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files MOV, Xilisoft iPod Rip or one of the following QuickTime Player, Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, Creator NXT Pro is installed in the operating system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension MOV.
- Check if files with the extension MOV are associated with the application Xilisoft iPod Rip or one of the programs such as QuickTime Player, Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, Creator NXT Pro. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Apple QuickTime Movie file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the Xilisoft iPod Rip, QuickTime Player, Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, Creator NXT Pro applications and confirm.
Software programs that open MOV file extension
- If Apple QuickTime Movie is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, the Xilisoft iPod Rip, QuickTime Player, Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, Creator NXT Pro programs will not be able to open the Apple QuickTime Movie file despite their presence in the system. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Apple QuickTime Movie file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- The Apple QuickTime Movie file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- An attempt to open the Apple QuickTime Movie file by an un-updated application may fail. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include Apple QuickTime Movie.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the MOV extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening MOV files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.