How to open PPS file?
PPS Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension PPS. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should do is double-click the PPS file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the PPS file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
How to open PPS file? 9 steps
If the user comes across a file named PowerPoint Slide Show, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the PowerPoint Slide Show file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file PowerPoint Slide Show on a system other than iOS, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files PPS, Microsoft Office or one of the following Ability Office, PowerPoint, Apache OpenOffice, PowerPoint Viewer is installed in the operating system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension PPS, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Verify that the default application for handling PPS files is one of the following software tools: Microsoft Office, Ability Office, PowerPoint, Apache OpenOffice, PowerPoint Viewer. If this is not the case, the PPS files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the PowerPoint Slide Show file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the Microsoft Office, Ability Office, PowerPoint, Apache OpenOffice, PowerPoint Viewer programs.
Software programs that open PPS file extension
- If PowerPoint Slide Show is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. The Microsoft Office, Ability Office, PowerPoint, Apache OpenOffice, PowerPoint Viewer programs will then not be able to open the PowerPoint Slide Show file. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- In case the PowerPoint Slide Show file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- PowerPoint Slide Show is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the PPS extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Microsoft Office or Ability Office, PowerPoint, Apache OpenOffice, PowerPoint Viewer.
- The condition for the correct handling of the PowerPoint Slide Show file may be the regular download and installation of the application update in which the user wants to open it. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle PPS files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the PowerPoint Slide Show file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include PowerPoint Slide Show.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the PPS file, you can try using some tools available on the web. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the PPS file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.