How to open SRT file?
SRT Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension SRT. Usually, there are also additional options. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the SRT file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking on the SRT file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
9 steps to open SRT file
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the SubRip Subtitle Format file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file SubRip Subtitle Format. It may turn out that SRT files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the VobSub or MPlayer, PowerDVD, PowerDirector, BS.Player program is installed in the system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension SRT, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Make sure that one of the VobSub, MPlayer, PowerDVD, PowerDirector, BS.Player programs is the default application for opening SRT files in the system. If this is not the case, the SRT files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the SubRip Subtitle Format file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. On the list, search for one of the VobSub, MPlayer, PowerDVD, PowerDirector, BS.Player applications and confirm.
Software programs that open SRT file extension
- If SubRip Subtitle Format is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, the VobSub, MPlayer, PowerDVD, PowerDirector, BS.Player programs will not be able to open the SubRip Subtitle Format file despite their presence in the system. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the SubRip Subtitle Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- SubRip Subtitle Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the SRT extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by VobSub or MPlayer, PowerDVD, PowerDirector, BS.Player.
- An attempt to open the SubRip Subtitle Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the SRT extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening SRT files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.