How to open SWF file?
The software referred to as SWF Opener allows you to freely work with SWF files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the SWF file installed. After clicking on the SWF file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
Open SWF files in 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Shockwave Flash Movie file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Shockwave Flash Movie file is supported by it. It may turn out that SWF files are not compatible with your system.
- No default Adobe Creative Suite application in the system or Adobe Dreamweaver, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player, Flash Decompiler Trillix will prevent you from opening SWF files. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Make sure that one of the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Dreamweaver, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player, Flash Decompiler Trillix programs is the default application for opening SWF files in the system. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Shockwave Flash Movie file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. On the list, search for one of the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Dreamweaver, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player, Flash Decompiler Trillix applications and confirm.
Software programs that open SWF file extension
- If the Shockwave Flash Movie file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Dreamweaver, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player, Flash Decompiler Trillix programs is installed, the Shockwave Flash Movie file cannot be opened. Try to download or copy the file again.
- In case the Shockwave Flash Movie file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Check that the Shockwave Flash Movie file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the SWF extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Adobe Creative Suite or Adobe Dreamweaver, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player, Flash Decompiler Trillix.
- An attempt to open the Shockwave Flash Movie file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include Shockwave Flash Movie.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your SWF file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening SWF files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.