How to open TMP file?
A TMP Opener is a computer program or application that supports TMP files and can open their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the TMP file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the TMP file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
9 steps to open TMP file
In case it is not possible to open the Temporary Format file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Check if the Temporary Format file can be handled by the given operating system. It may turn out that TMP files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Word, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer program is installed in the system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension TMP.
- Check if files with the extension TMP are associated with the application Microsoft Windows or one of the programs such as Microsoft Word, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer. If this is not the case, the TMP files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Temporary Format file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer programs.
Software programs that open TMP file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer programs will not be able to open the Temporary Format file despite their presence in the system. If possible, you can try to open the Temporary Format file directly from its source.
- In case the Temporary Format file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Temporary Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. The application the user is trying to open the file in may not be backwards compatible and this prevents Temporary Format from opening.
- An attempt to open the Temporary Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the Temporary Format file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the TMP file, you can try using some tools available on the web. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the TMP file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.