How to open TORRENT file?
A TORRENT Opener is a computer program or application that supports TORRENT files and can open their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the TORRENT file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the TORRENT file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
9 steps to open TORRENT file
In case it is not possible to open the BitTorrent Format file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the BitTorrent Format file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file BitTorrent Format on a system other than Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files TORRENT, Azureus or one of the following Vuze, BitComet, uTorrent, BitTorrent is installed in the operating system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension TORRENT.
- Make sure that one of the Azureus, Vuze, BitComet, uTorrent, BitTorrent programs is the default application for opening TORRENT files in the system. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the BitTorrent Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. On the list, search for one of the Azureus, Vuze, BitComet, uTorrent, BitTorrent applications and confirm.
Software programs that open TORRENT file extension
- If the BitTorrent Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. The Azureus, Vuze, BitComet, uTorrent, BitTorrent programs will then not be able to open the BitTorrent Format file. If possible, you can try to open the BitTorrent Format file directly from its source.
- If it turns out that the BitTorrent Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Check that the BitTorrent Format file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the TORRENT extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Azureus or Vuze, BitComet, uTorrent, BitTorrent.
- An attempt to open the BitTorrent Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the BitTorrent Format file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the TORRENT file, you can try using some tools available on the web. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening TORRENT files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.