How to open TXT file?
The software referred to as TXT Opener allows you to freely work with TXT files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the TXT file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
Open TXT files in 9 steps
If the user comes across a file named Plain Text Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Plain Text Format. If the user tries to open the file Plain Text Format on a system other than Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Windows Phone, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files TXT, Ocean Data View or one of the following FB2 Reader, Raccoon Reader, READU, Freda Phone is installed in the operating system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension TXT.
- Make sure that one of the Ocean Data View, FB2 Reader, Raccoon Reader, READU, Freda Phone programs is the default application for opening TXT files in the system. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Plain Text Format file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the Ocean Data View, FB2 Reader, Raccoon Reader, READU, Freda Phone applications and confirm.
Software programs that open TXT file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. The Ocean Data View, FB2 Reader, Raccoon Reader, READU, Freda Phone programs will then not be able to open the Plain Text Format file. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Plain Text Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Plain Text Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- An attempt to open the Plain Text Format file by an un-updated application may fail. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle TXT files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the Plain Text Format file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The inability to open the Plain Text Format file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the TXT file, you can try using some tools available on the web. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening TXT files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.