How to open WMA file?
The software referred to as WMA Opener allows you to freely work with WMA files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the WMA file installed. After clicking, your WMA file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling WMA files on your device. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
9 steps to open WMA file
If the user comes across a file named Windows Media Audio Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Windows Media Audio Format file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file Windows Media Audio Format on a system other than Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Windows Phone, it may fail.
- Check if the WinX Video Converter or Winamp, Windows Media Player, Mobile Media Converter, OverDrive Media Console Phone program is installed in the system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension WMA.
- Check if files with the extension WMA are associated with the application WinX Video Converter or one of the programs such as Winamp, Windows Media Player, Mobile Media Converter, OverDrive Media Console Phone. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Windows Media Audio Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the WinX Video Converter, Winamp, Windows Media Player, Mobile Media Converter, OverDrive Media Console Phone programs.
Software programs that open WMA file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the WinX Video Converter, Winamp, Windows Media Player, Mobile Media Converter, OverDrive Media Console Phone programs will not be able to open the Windows Media Audio Format file despite their presence in the system. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Windows Media Audio Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- The Windows Media Audio Format file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. The application the user is trying to open the file in may not be backwards compatible and this prevents Windows Media Audio Format from opening.
- An attempt to open the Windows Media Audio Format file by an un-updated application may fail. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle WMA files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your WMA file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the WMA file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.