How to open WPS file?
WPS Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension WPS. Usually, there are also additional options. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the WPS file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking, your WPS file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling WPS files on your device. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
Open WPS files in 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the Microsoft Works Word Processor Document file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Microsoft Works Word Processor Document. Files with the WPS extension may not be supported by the operating system you are using.
- No default ABC Amber Text Converter application in the system or Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Publisher will prevent you from opening WPS files. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Make sure that one of the ABC Amber Text Converter, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Publisher programs is the default application for opening WPS files in the system. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Microsoft Works Word Processor Document file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the ABC Amber Text Converter, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Publisher applications and confirm.
Software programs that open WPS file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the ABC Amber Text Converter, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Publisher programs will not be able to open the Microsoft Works Word Processor Document file despite their presence in the system. If possible, you can try to open the Microsoft Works Word Processor Document file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Microsoft Works Word Processor Document file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Microsoft Works Word Processor Document is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the WPS extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by ABC Amber Text Converter or Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Publisher.
- The condition for the correct handling of the Microsoft Works Word Processor Document file may be the regular download and installation of the application update in which the user wants to open it. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle WPS files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your WPS file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the WPS file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.