How to open YUV file?
The software referred to as YUV Opener allows you to freely work with YUV files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the YUV file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the YUV file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
9 steps to open YUV file
In case it is not possible to open the YUV Encoded Image Format file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file YUV Encoded Image Format. It may turn out that YUV files are not compatible with your system.
- Make sure that the default application for the files YUV, IrfanView or one of the following XnView, YUV Viewer is installed in the operating system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension YUV, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Check if files with the extension YUV are associated with the application IrfanView or one of the programs such as XnView, YUV Viewer. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the YUV Encoded Image Format file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the IrfanView, XnView, YUV Viewer programs.
Software programs that open YUV file extension
- If YUV Encoded Image Format is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, the IrfanView, XnView, YUV Viewer programs will not be able to open the YUV Encoded Image Format file despite their presence in the system. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- In case the YUV Encoded Image Format file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- YUV Encoded Image Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- An attempt to open the YUV Encoded Image Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include YUV Encoded Image Format.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the YUV extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening YUV files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.