How to open APK file?
The software referred to as APK Opener allows you to freely work with APK files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the APK file installed. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
How to open APK file? 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Google Android Package Format file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Google Android Package Format file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file Google Android Package Format on a system other than Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- No default Android Market application in the system or WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, Google Android SDK will prevent you from opening APK files. If there is no application that supports files with the extension APK, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Check if files with the extension APK are associated with the application Android Market or one of the programs such as WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, Google Android SDK. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Google Android Package Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. On the list, search for one of the Android Market, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, Google Android SDK applications and confirm.
Software programs that open APK file extension
- If Google Android Package Format is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. The Android Market, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, Google Android SDK programs will then not be able to open the Google Android Package Format file. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Google Android Package Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- The Google Android Package Format file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. The application the user is trying to open the file in may not be backwards compatible and this prevents Google Android Package Format from opening.
- An attempt to open the Google Android Package Format file by an un-updated application may fail. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle APK files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include Google Android Package Format.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the APK file, you can try using some tools available on the web. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening APK files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.