How to open ASPX file?
ASPX Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension ASPX. Usually, there are also additional options. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the ASPX file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking, your ASPX file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling ASPX files on your device. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
9 steps to open ASPX file
If the user comes across a file named Active Server Page Extended Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Active Server Page Extended Format. It may turn out that ASPX files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the Microsoft IIS or Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Internet Explorer program is installed in the system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension ASPX, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Check if files with the extension ASPX are associated with the application Microsoft IIS or one of the programs such as Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Internet Explorer. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Active Server Page Extended Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. Choose one of the Microsoft IIS, Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Internet Explorer applications to open the ASPX files.
Software programs that open ASPX file extension
- If the Active Server Page Extended Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Microsoft IIS, Adobe Dreamweaver, EditPlus, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Internet Explorer programs is installed, the Active Server Page Extended Format file cannot be opened. Try to download or copy the file again.
- In case the Active Server Page Extended Format file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Active Server Page Extended Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- To open the Active Server Page Extended Format file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle ASPX files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the Active Server Page Extended Format file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the ASPX file, you can try using some tools available on the web. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening ASPX files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.