How to open CER file?
CER Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension CER. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should do is double-click the CER file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking, your CER file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling CER files on your device. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
Open CER files in 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the Internet Security Certificate file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Internet Security Certificate. If the user tries to open the file Internet Security Certificate on a system other than Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files CER, Adobe Reader or one of the following Adobe Acrobat, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer is installed in the operating system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Verify that the default application for handling CER files is one of the following software tools: Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer. If this is not the case, the CER files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Internet Security Certificate file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. Choose one of the Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer applications to open the CER files.
Software programs that open CER file extension
- If the Internet Security Certificate file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, the Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer programs will not be able to open the Internet Security Certificate file despite their presence in the system. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- If it turns out that the Internet Security Certificate file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- The Internet Security Certificate file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. The application the user is trying to open the file in may not be backwards compatible and this prevents Internet Security Certificate from opening.
- An attempt to open the Internet Security Certificate file by an un-updated application may fail. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle CER files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The inability to open the Internet Security Certificate file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your CER file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening CER files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.