How to open CSV file?
The software referred to as CSV Opener allows you to freely work with CSV files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the CSV file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open CSV files in 9 steps
If the user comes across a file named Comma Separated Values Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Comma Separated Values Format file is supported by it. It may turn out that CSV files are not compatible with your system.
- No default Microsoft Office application in the system or Microsoft Excel, Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft Works, LibreOffice will prevent you from opening CSV files. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Verify that the default application for handling CSV files is one of the following software tools: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft Works, LibreOffice. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Comma Separated Values Format file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft Works, LibreOffice programs.
Software programs that open CSV file extension
- If the Comma Separated Values Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft Works, LibreOffice programs is installed, the Comma Separated Values Format file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the Comma Separated Values Format file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Comma Separated Values Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Check that the Comma Separated Values Format file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the CSV extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Microsoft Office or Microsoft Excel, Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft Works, LibreOffice.
- An attempt to open the Comma Separated Values Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The inability to open the Comma Separated Values Format file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your CSV file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening CSV files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.