How to open FLV file?
The software referred to as FLV Opener allows you to freely work with FLV files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the FLV file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the FLV file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open FLV files in 9 steps
If the user comes across a file named Flash Video Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- Check if the Flash Video Format file can be handled by the given operating system. It may turn out that FLV files are not compatible with your system.
- No default WinX Video Converter application in the system or VLC media player, RealPlayer, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player will prevent you from opening FLV files. If there is no application that supports files with the extension FLV, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Verify that the default application for handling FLV files is one of the following software tools: WinX Video Converter, VLC media player, RealPlayer, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player. If this is not the case, the FLV files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Flash Video Format file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the WinX Video Converter, VLC media player, RealPlayer, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player programs.
Software programs that open FLV file extension
- If the Flash Video Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the WinX Video Converter, VLC media player, RealPlayer, SWF & FLV Toolbox, SWF & FLV Player programs is installed, the Flash Video Format file cannot be opened. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Flash Video Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- The Flash Video Format file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- To open the Flash Video Format file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The inability to open the Flash Video Format file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the FLV file, you can try using some tools available on the web. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening FLV files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.