How to open PSD file?
A PSD Opener is a computer program or application that supports PSD files and can open their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the PSD file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
Open PSD files in 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Adobe Photoshop Document file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Check if the Adobe Photoshop Document file can be handled by the given operating system. If the user tries to open the file Adobe Photoshop Document on a system other than Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- No default Adobe Creative Cloud application in the system or Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Elements will prevent you from opening PSD files. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Make sure that one of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Elements programs is the default application for opening PSD files in the system. If this is not the case, the PSD files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Adobe Photoshop Document file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. On the list, search for one of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Elements applications and confirm.
Software programs that open PSD file extension
- If the Adobe Photoshop Document file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Elements programs is installed, the Adobe Photoshop Document file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the Adobe Photoshop Document file directly from its source.
- If it turns out that the Adobe Photoshop Document file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Adobe Photoshop Document is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the PSD extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Elements.
- To open the Adobe Photoshop Document file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the PSD extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening PSD files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.