How to open GPX file?
A GPX Opener is a computer program or application that supports GPX files and can open their contents. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the GPX file installed. After clicking on the GPX file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open GPX files in 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the GPS Exchange Format file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Check if the GPS Exchange Format file can be handled by the given operating system. It may turn out that GPX files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the Merkaartor or FME Desktop, TatukGIS Viewer, Google Earth, EasyGPS program is installed in the system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension GPX.
- Check if files with the extension GPX are associated with the application Merkaartor or one of the programs such as FME Desktop, TatukGIS Viewer, Google Earth, EasyGPS. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the GPS Exchange Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. Choose one of the Merkaartor, FME Desktop, TatukGIS Viewer, Google Earth, EasyGPS applications to open the GPX files.
Software programs that open GPX file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the Merkaartor, FME Desktop, TatukGIS Viewer, Google Earth, EasyGPS programs will not be able to open the GPS Exchange Format file despite their presence in the system. Try to download or copy the file again.
- In case the GPS Exchange Format file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Check that the GPS Exchange Format file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the GPX extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Merkaartor or FME Desktop, TatukGIS Viewer, Google Earth, EasyGPS.
- To open the GPS Exchange Format file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your GPX file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening GPX files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.