How to open GWI file?
The software referred to as GWI Opener allows you to freely work with GWI files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the GWI file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking, your GWI file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling GWI files on your device. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
How to open GWI file? 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Check if the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file can be handled by the given operating system. If the user tries to open the file GroupWise Database Shortcut Format on a system other than Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- No default GroupWise application in the system or will prevent you from opening GWI files. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Check if files with the extension GWI are associated with the application GroupWise or one of the programs such as . If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. Choose one of the GroupWise, applications to open the GWI files.
Software programs that open GWI file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, although one of the GroupWise, programs is installed, the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- GroupWise Database Shortcut Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the GWI extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by GroupWise or .
- An attempt to open the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file by an un-updated application may fail. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the GroupWise Database Shortcut Format file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your GWI file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening GWI files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.