How to open PPT file?
PPT Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension PPT. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the PPT file installed. After clicking, your PPT file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling PPT files on your device. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
How to open PPT file? 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the PowerPoint Presentation file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file PowerPoint Presentation. Files with the PPT extension may not be supported by the operating system you are using.
- Check if the Microsoft Office or Canvas, PowerPoint, OmniPage Ultimate, PowerPoint Viewer program is installed in the system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Check if files with the extension PPT are associated with the application Microsoft Office or one of the programs such as Canvas, PowerPoint, OmniPage Ultimate, PowerPoint Viewer. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the PowerPoint Presentation file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the Microsoft Office, Canvas, PowerPoint, OmniPage Ultimate, PowerPoint Viewer applications and confirm.
Software programs that open PPT file extension
- If PowerPoint Presentation is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, although one of the Microsoft Office, Canvas, PowerPoint, OmniPage Ultimate, PowerPoint Viewer programs is installed, the PowerPoint Presentation file cannot be opened. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- If it turns out that the PowerPoint Presentation file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Check that the PowerPoint Presentation file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the PPT extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Microsoft Office or Canvas, PowerPoint, OmniPage Ultimate, PowerPoint Viewer.
- An attempt to open the PowerPoint Presentation file by an un-updated application may fail. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle PPT files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Make sure that the icon representing the PowerPoint Presentation file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include PowerPoint Presentation.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the PPT extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening PPT files.
open PPT file
PPT open free online
Copy and paste this link anywhere.