How to open SVG file?
A SVG Opener is a computer program or application that supports SVG files and can open their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the SVG file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the SVG file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open SVG files in 9 steps
If the user comes across a file named Scalable Vector Graphics Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Scalable Vector Graphics Format. Files with the SVG extension may not be supported by the operating system you are using.
- Make sure that the default application for the files SVG, Picture Resize Free Online Images Converter or one of the following CorelDRAW, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player is installed in the operating system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension SVG.
- Check if files with the extension SVG are associated with the application Picture Resize Free Online Images Converter or one of the programs such as CorelDRAW, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player. If this is not the case, the SVG files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Scalable Vector Graphics Format file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. Choose one of the Picture Resize Free Online Images Converter, CorelDRAW, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player applications to open the SVG files.
Software programs that open SVG file extension
- If the Scalable Vector Graphics Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Picture Resize Free Online Images Converter, CorelDRAW, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player programs is installed, the Scalable Vector Graphics Format file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the Scalable Vector Graphics Format file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Scalable Vector Graphics Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- The Scalable Vector Graphics Format file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. Sometimes it happens that despite the SVG extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Picture Resize Free Online Images Converter or CorelDRAW, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player.
- To open the Scalable Vector Graphics Format file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle SVG files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the SVG file, you can try using some tools available on the web. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening SVG files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.