How to open TEX file?
TEX Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension TEX. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the TEX file installed. After clicking, your TEX file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling TEX files on your device. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
How to open TEX file? 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the LaTeX Source Document file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the LaTeX Source Document file is supported by it. If the user tries to open the file LaTeX Source Document on a system other than Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files TEX, LaTeX or one of the following gVim, TeXworks, LyX/Mac, TeXnicCenter is installed in the operating system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension TEX, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Make sure that one of the LaTeX, gVim, TeXworks, LyX/Mac, TeXnicCenter programs is the default application for opening TEX files in the system. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the LaTeX Source Document file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. Choose one of the LaTeX, gVim, TeXworks, LyX/Mac, TeXnicCenter applications to open the TEX files.
Software programs that open TEX file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, although one of the LaTeX, gVim, TeXworks, LyX/Mac, TeXnicCenter programs is installed, the LaTeX Source Document file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the LaTeX Source Document file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the LaTeX Source Document file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Check that the LaTeX Source Document file format is not outdated. The application the user is trying to open the file in may not be backwards compatible and this prevents LaTeX Source Document from opening.
- To open the LaTeX Source Document file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- Make sure that the icon representing the LaTeX Source Document file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The inability to open the LaTeX Source Document file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the TEX extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening TEX files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.