How to open DWG file?
The software referred to as DWG Opener allows you to freely work with DWG files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should do is double-click the DWG file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking on the DWG file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
How to open DWG file? 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file AutoCAD Drawing Database Format. Files with the DWG extension may not be supported by the operating system you are using.
- Check if the CATIA or AutoCAD, Autodesk Design Review, DWGSee, DWG TrueView program is installed in the system. If there is no application that supports files with the extension DWG, it should be downloaded and installed on the system.
- Check if files with the extension DWG are associated with the application CATIA or one of the programs such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Design Review, DWGSee, DWG TrueView. If this is not the case, the DWG files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. On the list, search for one of the CATIA, AutoCAD, Autodesk Design Review, DWGSee, DWG TrueView applications and confirm.
Software programs that open DWG file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. In this case, the CATIA, AutoCAD, Autodesk Design Review, DWGSee, DWG TrueView programs will not be able to open the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file despite their presence in the system. If possible, you can try to open the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- Check that the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file format is not outdated. Sometimes it happens that despite the DWG extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by CATIA or AutoCAD, Autodesk Design Review, DWGSee, DWG TrueView.
- The condition for the correct handling of the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file may be the regular download and installation of the application update in which the user wants to open it. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- Make sure that the icon representing the AutoCAD Drawing Database Format file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include AutoCAD Drawing Database Format.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the DWG extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening DWG files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.