How to open WKI file?
The software referred to as WKI Opener allows you to freely work with WKI files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the WKI file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. After clicking, your WKI file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling WKI files on your device. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open WKI files in 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Lotus 2 Worksheet file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Lotus 2 Worksheet file is supported by it. It may turn out that WKI files are not compatible with your system.
- Make sure that the default application for the files WKI, Corel Quattro Pro or one of the following Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 is installed in the operating system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Check if files with the extension WKI are associated with the application Corel Quattro Pro or one of the programs such as Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3. If this is not the case, the WKI files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Lotus 2 Worksheet file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. Choose one of the Corel Quattro Pro, Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 applications to open the WKI files.
Software programs that open WKI file extension
- If Lotus 2 Worksheet is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, the Corel Quattro Pro, Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 programs will not be able to open the Lotus 2 Worksheet file despite their presence in the system. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Lotus 2 Worksheet file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. The best solution in this case is to run a virus scanner and check the system for viruses.
- The Lotus 2 Worksheet file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- To open the Lotus 2 Worksheet file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- Make sure that the icon representing the Lotus 2 Worksheet file is not a shortcut to the location where this file is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the WKI extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the WKI file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.