How to open XLSX file?
XLSX Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension XLSX. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should do is double-click the XLSX file icon you want to open. If you have the correct software your problem should be resolved. After clicking, your XLSX file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling XLSX files on your device. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
How to open XLSX file? 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet. If the user tries to open the file Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet on a system other than , Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Make sure that the default application for the files XLSX, Microsoft Office or one of the following Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, OxygenOffice Professional is installed in the operating system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Make sure that one of the Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, OxygenOffice Professional programs is the default application for opening XLSX files in the system. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. On the list, search for one of the Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, OxygenOffice Professional applications and confirm.
Software programs that open XLSX file extension
- Files ripped from external media or downloaded from the Internet may have a damaged structure. The Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, OxygenOffice Professional programs will then not be able to open the Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet file. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- In case the Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet file is infected, the anti-virus program will prevent it from being opened. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the XLSX extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Microsoft Office or Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, OxygenOffice Professional.
- An attempt to open the Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet file by an un-updated application may fail. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle XLSX files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the XLSX extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening XLSX files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.