How to open ZIP file?
The software referred to as ZIP Opener allows you to freely work with ZIP files, including opening their contents. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the ZIP file installed. After clicking on the ZIP file icon, the operating system should open its content with the associated software. However, the problem is not always solved so quickly. Follow the steps of the instructions below to try to solve it.
Open ZIP files in 9 steps
If the user comes across a file named Zipped Format, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Zipped Format. If the user tries to open the file Zipped Format on a system other than Linux, Mac OS, Windows, it may fail.
- Check if the Advanced Zip Repair or PeaZip, WinZip, WinRAR, PowerArchiver program is installed in the system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Verify that the default application for handling ZIP files is one of the following software tools: Advanced Zip Repair, PeaZip, WinZip, WinRAR, PowerArchiver. If this is not the case, the ZIP files should be associated with the appropriate application by displaying the properties of the Zipped Format file and in the "File type" section, press the "Change" button. The system will display a window with applications to choose from, from which you should select one of the Advanced Zip Repair, PeaZip, WinZip, WinRAR, PowerArchiver programs.
Software programs that open ZIP file extension
- If Zipped Format is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. The Advanced Zip Repair, PeaZip, WinZip, WinRAR, PowerArchiver programs will then not be able to open the Zipped Format file. If possible, you can try to open the Zipped Format file directly from its source.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Zipped Format file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Zipped Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the ZIP extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Advanced Zip Repair or PeaZip, WinZip, WinRAR, PowerArchiver.
- To open the Zipped Format file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include Zipped Format.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the ZIP extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening ZIP files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.