How to open PDF file?
PDF Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension PDF. Usually, there are also additional options. The first thing you should check is that you have the software to handle the PDF file installed. After clicking, your PDF file should open in the program that is assigned as default for handling PDF files on your device. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
How to open PDF file? 9 steps
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Portable Document Format file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Check if the Portable Document Format file can be handled by the given operating system. Files with the PDF extension may not be supported by the operating system you are using.
- Check if the Advanced PDF Repair or Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader program is installed in the system. If there is no such program, install it (or download it earlier).
- Make sure that one of the Advanced PDF Repair, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader programs is the default application for opening PDF files in the system. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Portable Document Format file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. On the list, search for one of the Advanced PDF Repair, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader applications and confirm.
Software programs that open PDF file extension
- If the Portable Document Format file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Advanced PDF Repair, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader programs is installed, the Portable Document Format file cannot be opened. Try to download or copy the file again.
- If it turns out that the Portable Document Format file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- Portable Document Format is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the PDF extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Advanced PDF Repair or Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader.
- To open the Portable Document Format file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Determine the version of your program and, if necessary, install the latest one.
- In some cases, the user initiates the opening of the file with a shortcut that leads to a location where it is not present.
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your PDF file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the PDF file.
open PDF file
PDF open free online
Copy and paste this link anywhere.