How to open RSS file?
A RSS Opener is a computer program or application that supports RSS files and can open their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the RSS file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. Sometimes, however, various problems arise, below you will find the instructions that you should follow.
9 steps to open RSS file
The following recommendations and steps will help you open the Rich Site Summary file in case you cannot do it in the standard way:
- Make sure that the operating system where you are trying to open the Rich Site Summary file is supported by it. Files with the RSS extension may not be supported by the operating system you are using.
- No default Google Reader for Android application in the system or Mozilla Firefox, FeedDemon, WebReader will prevent you from opening RSS files. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension RSS.
- Verify that the default application for handling RSS files is one of the following software tools: Google Reader for Android, Mozilla Firefox, FeedDemon, WebReader. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Rich Site Summary file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the Google Reader for Android, Mozilla Firefox, FeedDemon, WebReader applications and confirm.
Software programs that open RSS file extension
- If the Rich Site Summary file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. The Google Reader for Android, Mozilla Firefox, FeedDemon, WebReader programs will then not be able to open the Rich Site Summary file. If possible, you can try to open the Rich Site Summary file directly from its source.
- If it turns out that the Rich Site Summary file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- The Rich Site Summary file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. The application the user is trying to open the file in may not be backwards compatible and this prevents Rich Site Summary from opening.
- The condition for the correct handling of the Rich Site Summary file may be the regular download and installation of the application update in which the user wants to open it. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle RSS files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The reason that prevents the opening of a given file may be administrative restrictions defined to protect the system by its administrator.
If, after performing the above steps, you still have problems opening the RSS file, you can try using some tools available on the web. At the bottom you will find tools that are dedicated to opening RSS files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.