How to open TAR file?
The software referred to as TAR Opener allows you to freely work with TAR files, including opening their contents. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the TAR file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
9 steps to open TAR file
If the user comes across a file named Consolidated Unix Format Archive, but is unable to open it, the first thing to do is to take the following steps:
- The user must verify that the operating system used by him is compatible with the file Consolidated Unix Format Archive. It may turn out that TAR files are not compatible with your system.
- Make sure that the default application for the files TAR, Advanced TAR Repair or one of the following ALZip, WinAce, PeaZip, WinZip is installed in the operating system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension TAR.
- Make sure that one of the Advanced TAR Repair, ALZip, WinAce, PeaZip, WinZip programs is the default application for opening TAR files in the system. If not, open the dialog box with the properties of the Consolidated Unix Format Archive file and use the "Change" button on the "General" tab. On the list, search for one of the Advanced TAR Repair, ALZip, WinAce, PeaZip, WinZip applications and confirm.
Software programs that open TAR file extension
- If Consolidated Unix Format Archive is a file from the network or some other external source, it may be defective or incomplete. In this case, although one of the Advanced TAR Repair, ALZip, WinAce, PeaZip, WinZip programs is installed, the Consolidated Unix Format Archive file cannot be opened. Re-downloading or copying the file may fix the problem.
- The antivirus program can identify the virus with which the Consolidated Unix Format Archive file has been infected and at the same time blocks the opening of the file. Such a situation should not be underestimated and such a file should be deleted or moved to quarantine, and the entire system should be scanned.
- Consolidated Unix Format Archive is a file that may have been generated by older program versions. Sometimes it happens that despite the TAR extension, such files contain data saved in a way that prevents them from being opened by Advanced TAR Repair or ALZip, WinAce, PeaZip, WinZip.
- To open the Consolidated Unix Format Archive file, the current version of the program in which we want to open it is required. Check the app for up-to-date information and, if necessary, install the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The inability to open the Consolidated Unix Format Archive file may be due to restrictions imposed on the user by the system administrator.
If, despite going through all the steps, it was not possible to open the file with the TAR extension, you can try some of the proposed tools. Below are the websites we have verified that may help you open the TAR file.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.