How to open DOC file?
DOC Opener is a type of software that can open a file with the extension DOC. Usually, there are also additional options. If you have the appropriate software installed on your device, opening the DOC file should be done without any problems by double-clicking on the file's icon. If the appropriate software is on your operating system, the file should open in the associated application when you click it. However, if an error occurred while opening the file, you can try to fix it by following the instructions below in turn.
Open DOC files in 9 steps
In case it is not possible to open the Microsoft Word Document file without additional steps, follow the steps below
- Check if the Microsoft Word Document file can be handled by the given operating system. It may turn out that DOC files are not compatible with your system.
- Check if the Office 365 or Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, Microsoft Word Viewer program is installed in the system. The solution to this problem is to install the appropriate software that supports files with the extension DOC.
- Make sure that one of the Office 365, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, Microsoft Word Viewer programs is the default application for opening DOC files in the system. If this is not the case, you should manually set the program, preferably by editing the properties of the Microsoft Word Document file and displaying the applications available on the system that allow you to open it. On the list, search for one of the Office 365, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, Microsoft Word Viewer applications and confirm.
Software programs that open DOC file extension
- If the Microsoft Word Document file has been downloaded from the Internet or copied from another medium, it may be corrupt. In this case, although one of the Office 365, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect Office, Microsoft Word Viewer programs is installed, the Microsoft Word Document file cannot be opened. If possible, you can try to open the Microsoft Word Document file directly from its source.
- If it turns out that the Microsoft Word Document file contains a virus, it will usually be impossible to open it. In this situation, it is recommended to scan all data media in the system for viruses.
- The Microsoft Word Document file may be saved in a way that is no longer supported. In this case, you may find that the newer version of the application does not support this older format.
- The condition for the correct handling of the Microsoft Word Document file may be the regular download and installation of the application update in which the user wants to open it. In this case, it is necessary to verify the version of your software to handle DOC files and, if necessary, update it to the latest version.
- Sometimes the user unknowingly tries to open a file with a shortcut that points to a place where the file is no longer there (it may have been previously deleted).
- The system administrator has restricted the opening and modification of certain files, which in this case may include Microsoft Word Document.
You've followed the instructions above and still haven't opened your DOC file? In this case, you can use the solutions offered by various websites. The list below presents web pages that specialize in opening DOC files.
Copy and paste this link anywhere.